Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Winter Scene Cake with Wood Grain Effects





The wood grain effect using the wire brush that I introduced to cake decorating in 1982 at the ICES Show and Convention in Rochester, MN was used on the rolled-fondant covered cake. I then proceeded to use my 3-D scenery methods and techniques, including some hand molding to make the wintery scene on the cake.

The New York State shaped wood-grained plaque has miniatures created right from the plaque as well as hand molded and added to the scene which shows things in New York State. I worked on the left hand side for Niagra Falls and continued creating until I finally got to the point for the Hudson River.

The wood grained plaque with the hand molded mouse in the garden was so much fun to make. Some of the areas where the miniature flowers are took 2 hours to make.

I love creating this type of sugar art and would love to travel to once, again, teach my hand sculptured creations in gum paste. I try to keep my classes within the budget of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment