Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Christmastime Wood Grained Work




Here is some of my work using my wood grained effects and my hand molded gum paste miniatures. One of the most humorous times in my career was when I presented one of my first demonstrations. It was at a cake show at the Cherry Hill Mall back in the 1970's. Boy, was I much younger then! I was demonstrating at the table. There were a hand full of decorators watching me demonstrate. I made a miniature bird, cut open the beak of the bird and was ready to place the tiny red berry in its mouth. It got very quiet. And, as I went downward to place the berry inside the mouth of the bird, every one, in unison followed by movement and when downward, too. The group was so intensified watching me that they automatically went downward as I did. A laughter broke out right then and there. It was so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment