Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fondant Cookie Cutter Cutouts - Dresses, Shoes, Hats, Purses


















I find it so much fun to make designs in fondant using the cutouts made from cookie cutters. Not only are cookie cutters great for making cookies, but can be used effectively for decorating cakes. This is my new endeavor for the sugar art world that I am presently working on. It is surprising what can be done in fondant using tools, cutters, impression mats and my "Puffed Embroidery" technique that I developed in 1984. The pictured items shown also use my techniques of "the attached ruffle" using the foot tool and the "dig-in ruffle" using the foot tool and the dig-in tool. The foot tool is also used for creating the puffed embroidery effects. Flowers, leaves, bows, bow tails and many other designs may be free-hand created using this technique. To obtain these tools, please visit my web site and email me. I plan on getting the page of tool products posted soon on my web site. A variety of some of the cookie cutters I use and sell are now posted there along with pictures of my work indicating what can be designed using these products.

My website: www.shavkin.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment